Salted Nut Roll Shots are a delicious dessert that will have your taste buds tingling with sweet and salty goodness. They’re made from a doughnut, which is first dipped in an egg wash and then coated with a mixture of granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla extract, salt, water, and butter. This mixture is placed on a hot skillet or griddle to bake until the top turns golden brown.
If you’re looking for something truly sinful, look no further than these Salted Nut Roll Shots! These desserts are incredibly delicious and will leave you feeling satisfied for hours on end. Made with butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and nutmeg, these shots will have your taste buds dancing the night away. Be sure to try them out soon!
What are Salted Nut Roll Shots?
Salted Nut Roll Shots are a delicious, easy dessert that you can make in just minutes. They’re the perfect way to celebrate any occasion – especially if your favourite flavour is salty!
How to Make Salted Nut Roll Shots:
- Start by making your dough. You will need flour, sugar, butter, salt, and nutmeg. Feel free to use whatever nuts you like – we used almonds and hazelnuts here.
- In a food processor, pulse the nuts until they’re coarsely ground. Add the butter and pulse until it’s completely mixed in.
- Add the flour and sugar and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in salt and nutmeg until well combined. Roll the dough into small balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- When ready to serve, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the frozen balls on it. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies turn a golden brown. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze them for up to 3 months.
History of Salted Nut Roll Shots
Salted Nut Roll Shots are a classic dessert that started out as a way to use up old Nut Rolls. Nut rolls are bread rolls that have been salted and then baked. The salt gives them a nice flavour and the sugar caramelizes when it cooks with the butter in the dough. The resulting shot is a delicious combination of sweet, salty, and caramel flavours.
Ingredients for Salted Nut Roll Shot
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light cream
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped toasted nuts, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, light cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into a large rolled-out ball and roll it in the nuts.
- Place the ball on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving.
How to Make a Salted Nut Roll Shot
If you love Nutella, then you will love these salted nut roll shots! They are the perfect dessert to enjoy on a warm day. Plus, they are so easy to make. All you need is some whipped cream, a few nuts, and some chocolate shavings. Simply mix together the ingredients and pour them into shot glasses. Then, top with a little salt before serving. You will love how delicious and simple these shots are!
Are Salted Nut Roll Shots Healthy?
Yes, salted nut roll shots are a healthy dessert option. The high amount of nuts in the shot means that there is not a lot of sugar or other processed ingredients, and they are also very low in calories. These are great for an after-workout snack or as a healthier alternative to candy.
What is the Difference Between Nut Butters, Spreads and Powders?
Nut butter and spreads are made with nuts, and they can be used in a variety of recipes. In addition to being available in different flavours, some also contain other ingredients like dried fruit or protein powder. Some nut butter is also marketed as meal replacements, meaning that they can be used as a base for a healthier meal or snack during the day. Powders have essentially the same benefits as a nut butter and can be poured on top of your favourite foods to give them a unique flavour.
What Is The Difference Between Peanut Butter And Almond Butter?
Peanut butter is a chunky, smooth spread made from ground peanuts. It can be found in a variety of flavours and packaging options, ranging from classic to sweet or even savoury. Almond butter, on the other hand, is nut paste that you could spread on your favourite bread or enjoy as a snack. In addition to almond nuts, it is made by blending almonds with other ingredients like agave nectar, water and salt. As such, almond butter contains more calories than peanut butter because it requires more processing to create the right consistency.
Salted Nut Roll Shots are the perfect dessert for any occasion. They’re easy to make, and they taste amazing. Whether you’re planning a party or just want to enjoy some delicious treats on your own, these shots are definitely worth trying out. Thanks for reading!